V3 API: Survey type not supported

Hi,

When I try to fetch an OfflineApp survey from the V3 Survey API, get the following response (replaced possible sensitive info with an ellipsis):

> curl -v \
       --url 'https://api.surveysparrow.com/v3/questions?survey_id=...' \
       --header  'Authorization: ...'
< HTTP/2 405
< date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 12:27:20 GMT
< content-type: application/json; charset=utf-8
< content-length: 39
< status: 405 Method Not Allowed
< cache-control: no-cache
< vary: origin,accept-encoding
< set-cookie: ...
< strict-transport-security: max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains
<
* Connection #0 to host api.surveysparrow.com left intact
{"message":"Survey type not supported"}

In short I get HTTP status 405 with the message "Survey type not supported". I read that we should be using v3 API, but I cannot find any information about why this isn't supported. It seems to work with the v1 API, but it's a pitty if we have to develop for the V1 API and then migrate very soon to the new V3 API.

We can however call quite a few endpoints for the same survey. I'm now in the dark on which survey types are supported for which v3 endpoints. I would like to see some more information at the developer portal about this.

Kind regards,

Jelle

Hi @Jelle,

Welcome to SurveySparrow Community :gem:

We are working on implementing Offline app API in V3. Will update you on this shortly.

We understand that this is a real challenge and I will pass this on to my product team to come up with a feasible solution.

We are working on this and we shall update the details in our developer page sooner.

Many thanks for your understanding on this.

:wave:t4:

2 Likes

Hi @Wahab,

I'm reviving this topic, since it's been almost a year and I haven't noticed any changes yet. I hope I simply missed all information about this.

I have not seen any changes, nor received any update about this. Is this still in development, or is SurveySparrow stopping the development of the Offline app API in V3? I would like to have some assurance about this, since we do rely on this functionality.

The developer page still doesn't seem to have updated information about which survey types are supported for which endpoint. Or if I missed it, can you kindly show me where this information is available now?

Thanks in advance,

Jelle